LTSD Plan Formula
Best Resources +
Best Delivery through a Disciplinary, Transdisciplinary and Interdisciplinary Approach, Essential Elements and IB learner profile +
Best Opportunity +
Best Use of Time =
Long Term Sport Development Success
2. Best Delivery - Recognizing the 7 Stages of Development
Through a Co-curricular Program, students will have the opportunity to work with our faculty team and professional coaches across a range of sporting codes. They will develop the four corners of sport (Fundamental Movement, Technical/Tactical, Game Understanding, PSME) through a transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary approach, whilst embracing the essential elements and IB learner profiles. Each academy program has been designed to recognize the different stages of development, through a player centered approach according to the sport focus. The 7 stages of development are:
- Stage 1: Active Start (JK – Gr 2
- Stage 2: FUN-damental (Gr 3 – 4)
- Stage 3 Learn to Train (Gr 5 – 6)
- Stage 4 Train to Train (Gr 6 – 8)
- Stage 5 Train to Compete (Gr 9 – 12)
- Stage 6 Train to Win (Gr 12+)
- Stage 7: Active for Life (Everyone)
· Disciplinary – when an athlete understands a given topic/problem/issue/event through one Discipline.
· Transdisciplinary - when athletes understand a given topic/problem/issue/event by moving through the four corners of sport
(perhaps more than one at a time) without realizing it.
· Interdisciplinary - when two or more disciplines are utilized to make connections to the learning. Athletes understand a given
topic/problem/issue/event in terms of the four corners of sport.