Sport Development Philosophy
From Streets to Stadiums
Personal Statement - Sport Development and Making a Difference
Coaching a range of sports from junior kindergarten to senior leagues in schools and clubs has provided an opportunity for me to work with all ages, genders and abilities. Football is my passion; from ‘Soccer 4 TOTS’ (Active Starters Program for aged 3-5 children), junior teams, and regional youth representative squads, directing national academy programs to senior international football world cup teams; I have gained a wealth of knowledge. I am an advocate for sport within the community. By leading a sport development team, we have delivered a clear pathway for athletes. This in turn has established a foundation for my most recent project, "From Streets to Stadiums", a grassroots to high performance long-term sport and athlete development initiative. The ultimate goal is to lead an inclusive program through the planning, designing and implementation of sport. By supporting the development of staff to work collectively and meet the goals outlined in the LTSD Plan, we have grown participation, identified talented players, and increased the number of coaches and officials across eight different codes.
National, local and charity initiatives have allowed me to work with a range of sport managers. I have gained the skill and mind set to develop a strategy - aligning the needs of the community and passion with results and opportunity. I strive to encourage players through an inclusive approach - embracing autonomy and ownership. The demands and abilities can be differentiated, as we learn to understand the needs and strengths of the team. This involves a deeper knowledge of talents, physical literacy and culture.
To create a pre-eminent educational community of globally minded learners and leaders through sport and education.
To challenge and inspire athletes to love learning and to shape a better world within a sporting context.
We embrace the values of the IB learner profile. As learners we strive to be:
By increasing participation in playing, coaching and officiating through an enrichment program, will grow the potential talent.
My strategy embraces four pillars or formula. They are:
1. Best Resources – To cater for all ages and abilities
2. Best Delivery – To developing Physical Literacy through the four corners of sport and the LTAD program
3. Best Opportunity - To play at all levels and support the community through creativity, action and service
4. Best Use of Time – To recruit, develop and retain life-long learning
It is our intention to be the pre-eminent educational community of globally minded leaders and learners through our co-curricular and academy athletics program. Therefore, co-curricular sports have been selected for the following purpose:
- To challenge and inspire girls to love learning and to shape a better world through athletics
- To increase the participation in an academy sport, developing a talent pool school wide
- To build life-long learning with the whole family
- To provide a range of individual and team sports – ranging in physical and mental intensity
- To maximize the use of world class resources and facilities
- To stand apart from other international schools